These are some of the Kansas delegates to the Republican National Convention in 1948.
I found the Platform pretty interesting in terms of which party could claim the same items today:
- Reduction of the public debt
- Federal aid to states for slum clearance and low-cost housing
- Extension of Social Security benefits
- A federal anti-lynching law
- Federal civil rights legislation
- Abolition of the poll tax
- A crackdown on domestic Communism
- Recognition of the state of Israel
- International arms control “on basis of reliable disciplines against bad faith”.